Straight from the kitchen and perfect for your wellness routine!
We’ve asked our Executive Chef – Robert Ash to come to the table (pun intended) with some of his best wellness recipes!
Below you will find his special recipe for a carrot ginger soup – which brings bright flavours and comfort to your soup bowls!
Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. unsalted butter
1/2 medium onion, cut into medium dice (to yield about 3/4 cup)
1 large rib celery, cut into medium dice (to yield about 1/2 cup)
1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger (from about 1/2-inch piece, peeled)
2 cups homemade or low-salt chicken broth
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
Chopped fresh chives or chervil for garnish (optional)
Putting it All Together
– Heat the oven to 375°F
– Put the carrots in a medium baking dish (11×7-inch is a good size, or any dish that will hold the carrots in a single layer without touching) and drizzle them with the olive oil. Toss them to coat well and roast, stirring once halfway through roasting, until they’re tender, blistered, and lightly browned in a few places, about 1 hour
– Melt the butter in a medium (at least 3-quart) heavy saucepan set over medium heat.
– Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent and fragrant, 2 to 3 min
– Stir in the celery and ginger and cook until the celery softens a bit and the onions start to brown, 4 to 5 min
– Add the roasted carrots, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and 2 cups of water
– Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and cover
– Cook at a lively simmer until the carrots are very tender, about 45 min. Turn off the heat and let the liquid cool somewhat (or completely)
– Purée the soup in a blender in batches, never filling the blender more than a third full, and bearing down firmly on the towel-covered lid so the soup doesn’t come flying out
– If serving immediately, return the soup to the pot and reheat; garnish with the chives or chervil if you like. Otherwise, refrigerate for up to five days; reheat gently and taste for salt before serving
More Recipes From Our Kitchens
Looking for more holiday cooking inspiration? Check out the following recipes below:
– Apple Pudding Cake
– Banana Egg Nog French Toast
– Brown Sugar Maple Cupcakes
– Organic Turkey Ravioli
– Buttermilk Cornbread
STAY IN TOUCH
From our best resort offers to exclusive events and deals. Sign up for our Fairmont Banff Springs e-newsletter and be the first to receive all the latest news, offers & more.