Straight from our kitchens and just in time for the holidays!
Holidays – the sights, the sounds and the delicious smells & tastes. If there is ever a time where preparing delicious, indulgent dishes is acceptable it’s during the festive season. This year we’ve asked Executive Chef Robert Ash to bring the best recipes for you, just in time for the holiday season.
Indulgent, rich and the perfect side – check out our recipe for our Cauliflower Gratin below.
– 1 large head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp salt, divided
– 1 tsp pepper, divided
– 4 tbsp butter, cubed
– 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 2 cups 2% milk
– 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 tsp onion powder
– 1/2 tsp ground mustard
– 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Chopped fresh thyme, optional
– Preheat oven to 375º. Place cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 8 minutes. Stir; bake until crisp-tender and lightly browned, 7-8 minutes longer
– In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the next 6 ingredients and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pf pepper until smooth
– Pour 3/4 cup cheese sauce into a greased 2-qt baking dish. Top with cauliflower and remaining cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes. If desired, top with chopped fresh thyme.
More Recipes From Our Kitchens
Looking for more holiday cooking inspiration? Check them all out here!
STAY IN TOUCH
From our best resort offers to exclusive events and deals. Sign up for our Fairmont Banff Springs e-newsletter and be the first to receive all the latest news, offers & more.