Straight from our kitchens and just in time for the holidays!
Holidays – the sights, the sounds and the delicious smells & tastes. If there is ever a time where preparing delicious, indulgent dishes is acceptable it’s during the festive season. This year we’ve asked Executive Chef Robert Ash to bring the best recipes for you, just in time for the holiday season.
Indulgent, sweet and truly Canadian – check out our recipe for Nanaimo Cheesecake Bars below.
NAnaimo Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients – Base
– 118 grams butter
– 25 grams sugar
– 140 grams Oreo crumbs
– 44 grams Shredded desiccated coconut
INGREDIENTS – MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE
– 100 grams cream cheese
– 220 grams Mascarpone cheese
– 125 grams icing sugar
– 5 grams Gelatin sheets
– 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
– 250ml cream warm/hot (65ºC)
– Mix sugar, Oreo crumbs, shredded desiccated coconut in a bowl & add the butter
– Press into a 9X13 casserole pan that has been sprayed
– Soak the gelatin in cold water, let it bloom
– Heat the cream in a heavy bottom pan, reserve. Do not boil.
– Soften the cream cheese using a paddle
– Add in the Mascarpone cheese; mix it for a further 2 minutes.
– Add in the icing sugar & cream well until the mix is soft & no visible lumps are seen
– Add in the Vanilla extract, mix well
– Add in the warm/hot cream gradually to the above mix. Scrape well, mix till smooth
– Melt the gelatin in a pot, temper in some of the above mix to the gelatin, mix well and add the entire gelatin to the cream cheese mix
– Pour the above mix over the prepared cookie base
– Refrigerate for 8 hours or until set
More Recipes From Our Kitchens
Looking for more holiday cooking inspiration? Check them all out here!
STAY IN TOUCH
From our best resort offers to exclusive events and deals. Sign up for our Fairmont Banff Springs e-newsletter and be the first to receive all the latest news, offers & more.