Straight from the pastry kitchen and just in time for the holidays!
With the holidays right around the corner, the need for comfort food and delicious baked goods is here! This holiday season we’ve asked our Executive Chef – Robert Ash to come to the table (pun intended) with some of his best holiday goodies!
Below you will find his special recipe for Banana Egg Nog French Toast, paired with a banana’s foster sauce, cinnamon whipped cream & pecans – the perfect holiday breakfast!
Caramelized banana egg nog french toast Recipe
With banana’s fosters sauce, cinnamon whipped cream & pecans.
Ingredients – Egg Nog Dipping Batter
1 loaf sliced brioche bread
8 whole eggs
1 cup egg nog
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brandy
Ingredients – Banana’s Fosters Sauce
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup dark rum
2 cups diced banana’s
INGREDIENTS – Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1/2 qt heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Putting it All Together
Egg Nog Dipping Batter:
– Crack eggs and place into a stainless steel mixing bowl
– Lightly beat and then add the egg nog, vanilla & brandy
– Reserve until needed
Banana’s Fosters Sauce:
– Place butter into a saucepan & melt, add brown sugar and mix until lightly caramelized,
– Deglaze with rum and then add banana’s & cook for one minute
– Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until desired consistency is reached.
– Heat a sauté pan and place 2 tbsp of unsalted butter into the pan, dip the sliced brioche bread into the batter and place into the pan
– Cook until golden brown on each side
– Top with the fosters sauce, whipped cream and candied pecans
More Recipes From Our Kitchens
STAY IN TOUCH
From our best resort offers to exclusive events and deals. Sign up for our Fairmont Banff Springs e-newsletter and be the first to receive all the latest news, offers & more.