Pet-Friendly Vacations in Banff
Explore endless outdoor activities in Banff National Park with your furry friend. Hike, canoe, cross-country ski, and more! Pamper your pooch at Canada’s Castle in the Rockies for the ultimate retreat. Enjoy your next vacation with the entire family—including four-legged members! Here’s what’s in store for them at Furmont.
What You and Your Pup Can Expect
You are welcome to bring your dog along for an additional charge of $50 per room, per night. This fee applies to all pets and covers deep-cleaning services. We’ll provide dog beds, bowls with fresh water, and a special dog-friendly welcome gift! Our accommodations are designed with pets in mind, and spacious enough for you to stretch out and relax in comfort.
If your pup’s a water baby, pack a pet lifejacket and set off on a paddling adventure. Canoe, kayak, and SUP rentals are available in town through the Banff Canoe Club and the Adventure Hub. Or, take a spectacular drive to Lake Louise and paddle together in a natural Canadian paradise.
Canine Ambassador Program
We’ve got a couple of very important members of the Furmont team here at Fairmont Banff Springs. Bear and Lily are our Canine Ambassadors, here to welcome you and your faithful companion to our castle in the Canadian Rockies. Bear and Lily are also available to accompany guests on walks.
Pet Treats & Souvenirsv
Many shops in downtown Banff are pet-friendly— just look for the window stickers and dog bowls at the storefront. Have fun picking out your pet’s new favourite souvenir from Banff Doghouse to remind them of your adventures.
Most hiking trails in Banff National Park welcome on-leash dogs. Dogs are allowed on all trails in the summer unless otherwise specified in trail restrictions and closures. Check Parks Canada to see if there are pet restrictions on trails due to wildlife or natural hazards.
Banff has two off-leash dog parks. One is located in the industrial district on Hawk Ave. and compound Rd., a 2.8-kilometre walk from downtown Banff. The other is located at the Recreation Grounds off Sundance Road near Banff Trail Rider stables, a 2-kilometre walk from downtown Banff. Both off-leash areas can be accessed by vehicle and have on-site parking spaces.
Our SPCA Partnership
We are proud to donate $15 of our cleaning fee to the local Bow Valley SPCA, Canada’s only no-kill, no-cage adoption centre.
Additional Important Pet Information
- Pets must be supervised at all times and be on a leash in public areas. Pets are not permitted in hotel restaurants or aquatic facilities. Dogs are allowed on outdoor patios.
- Should a pet’s behaviour cause disruption and we are unable to contact the guest after reasonable attempts, the pet will be safely removed from the guest room by hotel staff.
- For the safety of your pets and the local wildlife, dogs are required to be on leash in Banff National Park and within the Town of Banff.
- Pet-sitting services are available if booked 24 hours in advance through our babysitting service provider. Additional charges will apply.
- Service dogs are always welcome at no charge.