Caramelized Shallot and Crispy Speck Dip
Straight from our kitchens and just in time for the holidays!
Holidays – the sights, the sounds and the delicious smells & tastes. If there is ever a time where preparing delicious, indulgent dishes is acceptable it’s during the festive season. This year we’ve asked Executive Chef Robert Ash to bring the best recipes for you, just in time for the holiday season.
Indulgent, rich and the perfect appetizer – check out our recipe for our Caramelized Shallot and Crispy Speck Dip below.
- 70 grams shallots – small dice
- 285 grams sour cream
- 225 grams cream cheese
- 144 grams speck
- 27 grams chives – finely chopped
- 7 grams Tabasco
- 3 grams black pepper – table grind
- Thinly slice and dice the speck, cook in a cast iron pan until crispy, remove and strain reserving the fat
- Using the speck fat, add the small diced shallots and cook over low heat until caramelized
- Remove the shallots and cool completely
- Add the cream cheese to a mixer with a paddle attachment and whip until light and airy, add in the shallots
- Once the shallots are added, combine in the crispy speck, chives and Tobasco sauce
- Fold in the sour cream at the end and season with black pepper
- To serve place into a ramekin and garnish with crispy speck and chopped chives
- Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days
More Recipes From Our Kitchens
Looking for more holiday cooking inspiration? Check them all out here!