The Best Nanaimo Cheesecake Bars
Straight from our kitchens and just in time for the holidays!
Holidays – the sights, the sounds and the delicious smells & tastes. If there is ever a time where preparing delicious, indulgent dishes is acceptable it’s during the festive season. This year we’ve asked Executive Chef Robert Ash to bring the best recipes for you, just in time for the holiday season.
Indulgent, sweet and truly Canadian – check out our recipe for Nanaimo Cheesecake Bars below.
118 grams butter
25 grams sugar
140 grams Oreo crumbs
44 grams Shredded desiccated coconut
Ingredients: Mascarpone Cheesecake
100 grams cream cheese
220 grams Mascarpone cheese
125 grams icing sugar
5 grams Gelatin sheets
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
250ml cream warm/hot (65ºC)
- Mix sugar, Oreo crumbs, shredded desiccated coconut in a bowl & add the butter
- Press into a 9X13 casserole pan that has been sprayed
- Soak the gelatin in cold water, let it bloom
- Heat the cream in a heavy bottom pan, reserve. Do not boil.
- Soften the cream cheese using a paddle
- Add in the Mascarpone cheese; mix it for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the icing sugar & cream well until the mix is soft & no visible lumps are seen
- Add in the Vanilla extract, mix well
- Add in the warm/hot cream gradually to the above mix. Scrape well, mix till smooth
- Melt the gelatin in a pot, temper in some of the above mix to the gelatin, mix well and add the entire gelatin to the cream cheese mix
- Pour the above mix over the prepared cookie base
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or until set
Looking for more holiday cooking inspiration? Check them all out here!