BANFF, AB June 11, 2020 – Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs announced today that the spa will reopen its doors to guests and visitors on June 12, 2020. The spa, along with the hotel, temporarily closed on April 10, 2020.
“We’ve been hard at work readying our spa for reopening and are absolutely thrilled to welcome our friends, family and community back to Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs,” shared Pam Ouellet, Spa Director. “Following an extensive review and planning process, we have rolled out a stringent, comprehensive health and safety plan, deploying extensive measures along every touchpoint of the spa experience to ensure the wellbeing of our valued guests. Though you can expect a few changes, you can absolutely count on the luxury spa experience for which Willow Stream Spa is known, bringing some much needed rest and tranquility back into your life during these stressful times.”
The new operational standards being implemented at Willow Stream Spa and at Fairmont properties across North & Central America were developed and vetted by a team of expert advisors to ensure maximum efficacy in preventing the spread of all viruses and pathogens, including COVID-19, with oversight by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspections and certification; Dr. Amesh Adalja, Senior Scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security & fellow with the Infectious Diseases Society of America; and Ruth Petran, Ph.D., CFS, Senior Corporate Scientist, Food Safety and Public Health, for Ecolab, global leaders in cleaning and hygiene, and trusted advisors to the CDC.
At each touchpoint along the guest journey through Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs, extensive measures are being taken to protect guests and employees, including physical distancing; mandatory screening for all guests and employees, which may include a temperature check; masks provided to guests and worn by all employees; increased frequency of cleaning & disinfecting, with a focus on high-touch points; and continued use of EPA registered disinfecting chemicals, proven effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19. Hands-on training for all employees, a dedicated on-property rollout committee and a formal audit program, validated under the global ALLSAFE Cleanliness label, ensure initial and continued compliance.
Management and staff have worked diligently during the spa’s closure to implement further updates and adjustments to spa treatments and processes to promote the health and safety of guests and staff. A selection of the updates and adjustments Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs has made can be found below.
- Effective June 12th, a simplified selection of traditional treatments will be available including massage treatments, facials, nail services, waxing and make-up services
- Effective June 13th, the Aquatic Centre will be open to hotel guests only Sunday to Thursday from 8am to 12pm & 4pm to 8pm, and Fridays & Saturdays from 7am to 8pm
- Effective June 13th, the Fitness Centre will be open daily for hotel guests only from 7am until 5pm
- Effective June 19th, the Spa Reception will be open from 8am until 8pm daily
- Temporary closure of spa facilities including dining, change rooms, heat experiences, as well as the mineral pool, plunge pools and the outdoor whirlpool
- You will receive a temperature check upon arrival at the hotel and a mask to wear in the hotel and spa
- Our Spa Reception staff will welcome you upon arrival and help you to our waiting area prior to going directly to your treatment room
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided prior to entering our facility and hand washing prior to the service and following the service is required by the guest and Service Provider
- Service Providers will wear masks, aprons, protective eyewear and or face shields as an enhanced safety measure
- All payments will be collected via credit, debit or gift cards
Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs will continue to follow local, provincial and national health, government and industry regulations regarding the safe operation of spas. As the spa receives additional guidance, its policies and practices will be updated accordingly.
Guests interested in scheduling treatments or services can do so via toll free telephone 800-404-1772 or directly 403-762-1772 or via email at [email protected]. For additional information on Willow Stream Spa’s and Accor’s commitment to helping its community stay safe and stay well, please visit ALLStayWell.com.